Don't leave your dog out when baking your holiday cookies this year!
Here is a simple recipe:
1 lb. beef, venison or commercial raw dog food
2 eggs, beaten
3 cups oat flour (don't use wheat or white as many dogs are allergic to wheat and cannot digest it)
1 cup quick cooking rolled oats
1 cup water (if using commercial raw...lessen the water a little)
1. In a blender or food processor, combine beef & beaten eggs until well blended and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour & rolled oats. Gradually mix in beef mixture with your hands, until well blended.
3. Add water and stir to form a sticky dough
4. Divide dough into 2 balls, so it is easy to work with
5. Knead each dough ball on a well floured surface, about 2 minutes, adding flour until the dough is no longer sticky.
6. With a rolling pin, roll dough to between 1/4" and 1/2" thickness.
7. Cut with cookie cutter and place on lightly grease baking sheet.
8. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
9. Cool on a rack and store, at room temp, in a container with a loose-fitting lid.
As with all treats...give sparingly as to not encourage your dog to gain unnecessary weight.
Dog Training Philosophy
- I train dogs using positive reinforcement training to modify unwanted behaviors. I step outside the traditional training box and use therapeutic-grade essential oils to assist in my behavior modification regime when it comes to dogs plagued with fear and anxiety as well as aggression. My philosophy is to heal the dog's mind, body and spirit, not just to rid the dog of unacceptable behaviors. I specialize in shelter dog rehab, reactive rover, and fearful fidos.