January 30, 2010

Peppermint for Digestive Problems


Peppermint Essential Oil is great for belly aches and digestive problems. I use it myself and it really works great on the dogs as well! When ever I notice one of the dogs seem to be having some stomach issues, I reach for my Young Living Peppermint oil. Boss loves Peppermint! One day I was offering various oils in the bottles to Tucker to see which he would like that day and Boss came over and picked up the small bottle of Peppermint in his mouth. I dropped just one drop of Peppermint in my palm and rubbed my hands together and presented them to Boss. He happily licked both hands. I have also applied Peppermint to his front legs which will reduce inflammation and relieve pain. He will lay down and lick his legs to enjoy the digestive benefits at the same time.

Cats like Peppermint too! Peppermint is a great remedy for hairballs, diarrhea, cramps, muscle aches and fevers! If you apply 5 drops of Peppermint to the bottom of both of your child's feet, the fever will dropped drastically within 20 minutes, so if your cat or dog has a fever, you can do the same by applying 1-3 drops (depending on size of animal) to the pads of their feet.

Among it's other amazing qualities, Peppermint will increase your mental alertness as well. So if you are competing in a dog sport, why not apply some Peppermint Essential Oil to yourself so both you and your dog can compete at your peak performance!

Any time I discuss essential oils I am referring to Young Living Therapeutic-grade Essential Oils to ensure the very best quality and effectiveness. Other oils may be cut with synthetic fillers and could be potentially toxic to your pets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Training Philosophy