March 22, 2010

Why You Shouldn't Buy Products Tested on Animals...

Have you ever considered the pain and suffering the products you use on a daily basis cause to helpless animals?
I used to think that laboratories only used mice & monkeys to test their products on...but I was mistaken. Dogs are stolen from their front yards and picked up along road sides not to mention those from county pounds that are purchased for $10-$25 by class B dealers and sent to the lab for all kinds of nasty testing. Recently there was an article on MSNBC.com that brought attention to missing family dogs that were found in a university lab in South America. Years ago I read how Tufts University Veterinary School broke the legs of live and conscious dogs to learn how to reset a fresh break only to later euthanize the dogs. Can you imagine inflicting that kind of pain on a voiceless animal intentionally? I can't! I don't see any difference between that torture and the torture caused by serial killers to their animal victims. I understand there is a need for medical research...but it doesn't have to be done to those who can't speak for themselves, those that can't say "no", those who were once a beloved pet and are now nothing more than a test subject with a number. I refuse to buy any products (makeup, shampoo, lotion, medication, cleaning products, etc. that are tested on animals. Young Living Essential Oils tests their products on people...human beings who have a voice and consent to the test they undergo. More companies should be so honorable & conscientious.
Be sure to check out your dog & cat food manufacturers as well...there are some pretty scary undercover videos taken inside the Iams laboratory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Training Philosophy

My photo

I train dogs using positive reinforcement training to modify unwanted behaviors.  I step outside the traditional training box and use therapeutic-grade essential oils to assist in my behavior modification regime when it comes to dogs plagued with fear and anxiety as well as aggression.  My philosophy is to heal the dog's mind, body and spirit, not just to rid the dog of unacceptable behaviors.  I specialize in shelter dog rehab, reactive rover, and fearful fidos.