May 28, 2010

Tucker's Triumph

I haven't had time to post an update lately...Tucker is doing AMAZINGLY well! We had him neutered about a month ago at 9 months of age. I wanted to wait until he was over a year for health reasons, but behaviorally it had to be done sooner than later. This has made a huge difference in his behavior as well as clicker training, free shaping, lots of walks & controlled play with frisbees, patience & understanding.


It is simply amazing how a relationship can blossom with a dog when you take the time to understand his needs and communicate back to him that everything is going to be ok. I have learned so much from him over the last few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Training Philosophy

My photo

I train dogs using positive reinforcement training to modify unwanted behaviors.  I step outside the traditional training box and use therapeutic-grade essential oils to assist in my behavior modification regime when it comes to dogs plagued with fear and anxiety as well as aggression.  My philosophy is to heal the dog's mind, body and spirit, not just to rid the dog of unacceptable behaviors.  I specialize in shelter dog rehab, reactive rover, and fearful fidos.