May 15, 2011

Natural Flea & Tick Protection

Are you sick of using chemicals on your pet to keep those pesky insects away?

There is an alternative! Therapeutic-grade essential oils are a safe & effective way to keep fleas, ticks, mosquitoes, gnats, ants, and many other insects away from your pet, your family, and even your home & garden.

Poisons on Pets is an 84 page document from the NRDC about the potential hazards of commercial flea & tick products. Anyone who plans to use these products should definitely read this report first.

Young Living Essential Oils offers many essential oils that have insect repellent properties. I create my own formula that works well for my dogs. I start with Purification, a blend that has Citronella in it. Then I add Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemongrass.
Eucalyptus-Globulus and Geranium are other oils that compliment this blend or can be used in place of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Training Philosophy