May 17, 2009

Canine Chiropractics

I visit my chiropractor once a month for routine maintence so I don't experience lower back pain and so does Tyson. Tyson has hip dysplasia in both hips. One side is moderate the other severe. He was diagnosed when we first adopted him two years ago. There are mornings that Tyson could not or would not get out of bed. When he finally did he would be walking with a limp in obvious pain. Since we took Guinness for regular chiropractic sessions for her ailments it was natural to start with Tyson. It usually takes about 48 hours for Tyson to recover from his session before he turns into a spring chicken running around the yard chasing toys again. At one point, I had to ask my vet to scale it down a bit because he was feeling so good I was afraid he might hurt himself by over doing it. Canine chiropractic can help many more aliments aside from the obvious skeltal structure & pain. Chiropractic is good for bladder & incontinence issues, ear infections, auto-immune disorders as well as many other things. So yesterday was Boss' first chiropractic visit. After experiencing a cruciate ligament surgery two years ago, Boss chooses not to put a lot of weight on his left rear leg leaving him to walk a little off kilter. I'm really excited to see what kind of results he gets from the session. I will update soon!

Boss on the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dog Training Philosophy